Monday, December 10, 2012

What a hoot!

Yesterday I was driving home from the store and saw a Barred Owl low in a tree next to the road.  This around Noon so the time of day threw me as well as how darn close he was to the road and to the ground.

I wish I would have had my camera with me...I turned around and drove back and parked on the side of the road.  I had Russ with me and was hoping he wouldn't see him.  This picure is with my cell phone and blown up a bit.  You can see his size compared to the street.

Unfortunately for Cindy, she has learned to tell a Great Horned Owl from a Barred Owl from hearing them in the middle of the night.

Click to enlarge

This is a photo I found online and looks close to what I saw.  He could have cared less that I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment