Sunday, May 5, 2013

Toad relocation

We get our share of little frogs and toads.  I saw this bigger guy in a window well and figured he was big enough to get out.  Later I saw him by our deck doing a good job of hiding in the grass.  Russ didn't notice him.

Here is Mr. Toad...



I'd go out with Russ and I'd see him under the step and thought I better keep an eye on him. The other day we were out and Russ was sniffing along the fence and I saw movement.  It was the toad.  Russ pulled back and was drooling and apparently trying to clear out whatever he got a taste of.  He didn't get the toad but the toad got him.  I know they secrete something to protect themselves.  I was worried the toad could be poisonous.  I called the vet and was relieved to hear that our American Toads are not.  He likened it to a person biting into a jalapeno pepper.

So, Cindy and I agreed the toad must go.  I said I would relocate him somewhere so I drove him all the way down to the bike trail and let him go by a creek.

Here is Mr. Toad's new home...



No comments:

Post a Comment