Friday, January 1, 2016

Sunny New Year's Eve Day at the feeder

I put the trail camera (Al Cam) in two different locations today.  The first was right across from the bird feeder.  Not a lot of action.  The wind blowing the feeder gave me quite a few images with nothing in them.  But here are three interesting pictures I got...

Note the Black-capped Chickadee approaching on the right

 
See the White-breasted Nuthatch taking flight

 
And then the Chickadee and Nuthatch together

 
 
I can get better close-ups with my camera, but was hoping for something interesting like birds in flight.  And this will be my best chance to get the hard to capture Red-bellied Woodpecker.
 
 
So then I moved the camera down to almost ground level.  I'm entertained by squirrels and how they can be territorial.  I even put down some bread crumbs.  I was running an errand when Cindy called and asked if I'm feeding the deer again.  Russ was going nuts over this trio...
 















 
 
Amazing clarity on this camera.  Fortunate for a bright day.
 
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment