Thursday, February 9, 2017

I finally got my close-up of a Red-bellied Woodpecker

A good day at the feeder today.  Most of the day was sunny and a lot of activity.

A little overcast at the time, here is a Downy Woodpecker...


 
 
This White-breasted Nuthatch found a peanut...
 
 
 
And here is the moment I have wanted for the last five years...a close-up of a Red-bellied Woodpecker taken by me and not my trail camera.  They often feed on the ground but do come to the feeder.  One has never come to the feeder when I have been standing at the fence like I do.  I saw this one in the trees and started following it with my camera.  It was moving tree to tree closer to the feeder.  You'll see it in the trees...that was just before it landed on the feeder.  It flew twice to the feeder without lighting and finally stayed long enough for me to get a few pictures.  Having it on the feeder and having a bright sunny day was a thrill!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment