Friday, February 16, 2018

Feeding time at the zoo!

That's a funny expression but it felt true last Sunday.  It was a nice sunny day and I was putting out my feeder and literally birds starting coming closer in the trees.  Particularly my not shy White-breasted Nuthatches.  I thought one might light on the feeder as I was putting it up.  The pictures below don't do the closeness justice but a few were less than 10 feet away on trees going up and down.

Nuthatches







 
And now from my usual spot at the fence...
 
Downy Woodpecker
 
 
White-breasted Nuthatch (what else?)



 
Nice shot of a back


 
Black-capped Chickadee

 
Back to a Nuthatch


 
Downy again




 
What I like to call a combo shot



 
And Nuthatches finish the afternoon session






 
 
Okay now it's suppertime and here come the deer for a close-up...
 
 

 
A couple of nice shots to show the white tails


 
And now time for the overnight shift...
 
 
Running for some reason

 
Missing part of his rack



No comments:

Post a Comment