Tuesday, June 29, 2021

10 Years in our Home (a visual measuring stick)

June 1 marked 10 years in our home.  Looking back at posts from that first year, many didn't include photos.  I was just excited to see things.  The blog has changed.  The way our house looks has changed a little with painting garage doors and our porch.  But the best marker of time is something growing...in this case the silver maple tree in our front yard.

We had friends visiting over the weekend and we were looking at that tree.  I mentioned we had been here 10 years and the comment was made "I bet that tree looked a lot different then".

Remembering back, I looked around our street and saw some trees dying.  Our home was four years old and it appeared some trees made it and some didn't.  I made the decision to prune the dead limbs to at least improve the look of the tree.

See for yourself the change in 10 years...the little tree that could! (I think I see an American Goldfinch in the before picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment