Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The "hole" story

It's not a surprise that we have raccoons in our yard.  We live right next to the woods.  I have seen footprints in the mud and snow over the years.

A few weeks ago, I saw this hole behind our house...


 
I figured it was the work of a raccoon.  I left the hole alone and a few weeks later and it appeared a rabbit was trying to make a nest.  Not a good location with Russell on patrol...
 



So I filled it in.

 
 
Russ has always spent a lot of time in the back corner sniffing.  I figured it was some type of hot spot for animal activity.  I noticed mud on my fence railing in that corner and one other location and I knew I had confirmation of where the raccoons were entering our yard...
 



The way the railing should look...
 
 
 
And so last night I put out the trail camera in that back tree and pointed it toward the corner to see what's going on at night and here you go...
 




No comments:

Post a Comment