Sunday, May 8, 2016

White-throated Sparrow and White-crowned Sparrow

These two types of sparrows are both listed as migrators in my Iowa bird book.  I was over at my mother's the other day and she said bird had flown into her window and died.  It was a White-throated Sparrow. 

This is what a White-throated Sparrow looks like.  The yellow over the eye told me it was not an ordinary sparrow...

 
 
I'm sorry to include a picture of the deceased bird but the things we do for documentation...
 

 
 I looked out in my backyard today and yesterday and saw what looked like a sparrow with black and white stripes on its head.  And after I went to my guide, I believe I had a couple of White-crowned Sparrows which do not have the yellow over the eye.  
 
Here is an internet picture.  
 
 
 
Now here is what I saw over the last two days.  Judge for yourself...
 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment