Thursday, July 12, 2018

A mixed bag of images to catch up on

A few different things to show.

First up, I saw this goose sitting on the sidewalk when I was out walking Russ.  It was hard to miss due to its size.  I was puzzled by what it could be.  For now, the best I can reason is it is some type of domesticated goose.  Some hybrid.  Jon...help me out on this one.

Here are two pictures I took...




And here is a "swan goose" from the internet.  I considered a Chinese goose but the bill was not as prominent.

 
Here are two different walking sticks...
 

 
This pickerel frog didn't mind me soaking my lilac bush...
 
 
 
And something I've never seen.  An eastern-eyed click beetle.  The "eyespots" certainly get your attention.  That's the idea.  Predators assume the rest of the creature is proportionate to the "eyes".  Living next to the woods is definitely interesting...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment