Sunday, July 29, 2018

I saw a pair of Blue-gray Gnatcatchers on my fence this evening

I saw this pair of birds and I was confused on what they were.  They appeared wren-like but the coloring was wrong.  I was seeing gray and white.  And I made note of a black tail.  My Birds of Iowa book didn't have this bird in it so after searching the internet, I am certain this is what I saw.

This is NOT my picture...

 
This was very exciting.  I was just talking to my neighbor who is a bird-watcher as well and telling her we get spoiled with what we see but I'm always hoping for more.  This evening, I was blessed with more.  I will be watching and will try to be ready with my camera.
 
(UPDATE)
I had forgotten about a post from 2012 that I thought I saw the same thing.  The birds I saw last evening seemed smaller than the one from 2012.   Click here to go to the 2012 post

No comments:

Post a Comment