Thursday, August 2, 2018

First time I've seen a deer in our yard

When we first moved in, the owners had mentioned deer in the yard but I always felt with a fenced yard, deer wouldn't find it necessary to come in my yard.  Recently I witnessed a deer jump over the back fence into my neighbor's yard but I reasoned they have multiple bird feeders and that was the draw.

I got a text from my neighbor this evening saying "you have a visitor in your backyard" along with this photo...

 
So I moved quickly to the back bedroom careful not to alert Russ (too late) and grabbed my camera only to see this young buck in our yard.  If we didn't have a fence, this would not be as big a deal.
 
 
Here is video of the exit.  I'm guessing it was easier jumping into our yard than jumping out but it cleared just fine...
 



No comments:

Post a Comment