Monday, January 21, 2013

Feeder activity


I'm only putting out the feeder on weekends.  Once I reminded myself the birds will survive during the week, I decided no use having them drain the feeder when I can't watch them.  And they come back pretty quickly.  Took a few shots yesterday in the snow and a few today.  Had a Cardinal on the ground today.  From what I've read, they don't like my style feeder but will take them on the ground.  Here's what I've seen consistently:  Juncos, White-Breasted Nuthatches, Goldfinches (in winter colors), Chickadees, Red-Bellied Woodpeckers (pretty sure I saw a female), Downy (or Hairy) Woodpeckers.  Thankfully no Crows and no more Wild Turkey sightings...

Red-Bellied Woodpecker seems to like the mix

Cardinal and Junco on the ground
 
Chickadee and Red-Bellied Woodpecker share

No comments:

Post a Comment