Saturday, January 12, 2013

This week on Wild Kingdom...

Tuesday brought two Wild Turkeys to the feeding area!  Cindy e-mailed me at work wondering what to do and telling me how huge they were.  And she had to deal with Russ going bonkers.  My first thought...grab the camera and zoom in!  Cindy got some great shots.  Look close and you'll see a squirrel in the background.  She said the turkeys were trying to chase the squirrel away.  You can see how big they are.

I read that the way you get rid of the turkeys is to remove the food so I took the feeder down on Tuesday.  Wednesday no turkeys that we saw.  Thursday they were back for a bit.  I put the feeder back out today.


Note the squirrel at the base of the tree on the right.

eating

Squirrel running off on the left.


Almost our national bird.  

No comments:

Post a Comment