Thursday, April 5, 2018

Last day of putting out my feeder for the season (a nice sunny day)

Sunny but deceptively cold yesterday.  I've had my feeder out later in the spring than this but it seemed like a good time to call it a season.

I was out three different times trying to take advantage of the afternoon sun.  I was in my new spot standing behind the oak tree on the other side of the fence.  At one point, I felt like I had been standing there for 10 minutes and didn't see anything.  But I finally was blessed with my main three birds that I see.

First up, Black-capped Chickadees...




Here is a Dark-eyed Junco (not too concerned about me standing so close)...




My favorite acrobat White-breasted Nuthatches...
 














And finally, a female Downy Woodpecker (females lack the red "cap")...















 

No comments:

Post a Comment