Thursday, April 26, 2018

What did I see today?

I never know what I'll see when I look in the woods.  Most days nothing.  Some days coyotes.  Today I saw wings flapping and I could tell our resident Turkey Vultures were looking for something.  I know they are nesting on the edge of the woods facing the pond.  It seems to be a staging area for quite a few.  I don't usually see them fly through the woods but today I saw four vultures lighting on the ground and on logs.  As I was taking these pictures, they got bothered and flew away.  Ugly birds but impressive wings and wingspans.

Here's what I captured...



 
Here's a video clip you can only see ON the blog...
 

And then I took Russ out and as I usually do walked to the top of the hill and as I usually do was carrying my camera with me and saw these ladies.  It was sunny so pretty clear shots and you can see them leaving bothered by my presence...




No comments:

Post a Comment